The recently announced new project is making slow progress. Abstract designs are difficult to get right; there’s a surprise.

The shape and texture was easy, but now I am trying to get the colours to do what I want, and it’s not happening. So I’ve put it to one side for a while, and done something else.

Julie wants some storage for her craft materials, but no boring plastic boxes for her. We tracked down some fruit crates in rough sawn timber and have treated them to a special paint finish. They used to look like this:

Plain crate

But now they look like this (may be I’ll take some better pics!):

finished crates   finished crate   IMG_0364

Once they are lined with a suitable material, they’ll be ready for use. I am waiting the completion of some special boxes to keep her 12×12 scrapping papers in good order and then we’ll have the full set.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s